A baby swing is a pretty cool investment while expecting a newborn in a family. Although not a necessity, it provides a soothing experience to your little one. Once you decide to get the best baby swings, making the right purchase can be a challenge due to the variety of the models available in the market, each with its fancy features.
However, you can make a fruitful purchase once you know what to look for when buying a baby swing, and you can even make your search easier once you have an idea of the best models available in the market. So, read on as this article covers all you need to know for you to make the best purchase.
Let’s begin by finding out what you should look for when buying a baby swing.
How to Choose the Best Baby Swings – Factors to consider
- 1 How to Choose the Best Baby Swings – Factors to consider
- 2 5 Best Baby Swings Review 2020
- 3 #1 Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing
- 4 #3 Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘N Swing with Smart Swing Technology
- 5 #5 Fisher-Price My Little Dreams Cradle’n Swing
1. Baby Seat Features
The first factor to consider when selecting your baby swing seat is the features that the seat incorporates. Some of the factors to consider when it comes to the seat are:
• Seat incline- The best swing seat should offer different reclining positions. As such, ensure that the seat can fully recline. This will enable it to provide better support for your newborn even as he grows.
• Padding- You will need to ensure that the seat on the swing offers enough padding for your baby. It should be sufficient to support the child and not too much to occupy a lot of space in the seat.
• Wash-ability- This goes without saying. You must get a swing with a washable seat material and one that is easy to remove for cleaning. What’s more, you may want to get a seat coated with waterproof material for easier cleaning.
2. Swing Motion
Apart from the features of the seat, you will need to consider the motion that the baby swing offers. After all, this is the basic function of the swing. As such consider the swing-speed adjustability, swing timer, and swing direction.
• Speed adjustability– Does the baby swing feature an adjustable swing-speed setting? Note that baby swings can provide your young one with different swing speeds. As such, consider this factor since every child has his/her own needs.
• Swing timer- Some swings feature a timer, which allows you to set the time that the baby swing should be on the move. As such, determine the maximum amount of time the timer holds, based on the time you want your child to remain on the swing.
• Swing direction- Baby swings feature a front to back or side to side movement. Hence, consider the direction that soothes baby to ensure that you get a swing that is fit.
More to the features described above, you will need to consider the construction of the baby swing. Here, you will need to consider the foldability, material, and the support the swing offers.
• Foldability- Is the frame of the baby swing foldable? Note that, if you want a baby swing that is portable, you will need to get one with a foldable frame. Hence, check this out before buying one.
• Material- How durable and safe is the frame? You will need to get a swing featuring a durable frame construction. What’s more, the material should be environmentally friendly and safe for your young one.
• Base support- Consider the base of the swing and determine the support it can offer. The swing should not fall when the child lies on one side. So, ensure that you select a baby swing with a broad base since these offer the best support. Also, make sure that the legs do not protrude a lot to avoid tripping over.
What safety features does the baby swing include to ensure that your child remains safe through the whole swinging experience? To find out this, consider the harness, recommended weight, reclined position, and a canopy for outdoor use.
• Harness- You will find some baby swings that offer a 3-point harness and ones that provide a 5-point harness. To get the best baby swing, select one with more harness points so that your child remains on the seat without sliding out.
• Weight capacity- What is the recommended maximum weight capacity of the baby swing? Ensure that your child doesn’t exceed that capacity for him or her to remain safe on the swing.
• Recline position- If you have a newborn who isn’t fully able to support his head and neck, you will have to get a seat that can fully recline. This will enable the child to stay safe while on the swing.
• Canopy- This is a crucial factor to consider when you expect to bring the swing with you for outdoor adventures. Ensure that the swing includes a canopy to make sure that your child skin isn’t exposed to the sun rays.
5. Power Source
Another crucial factor to consider for you to get the best baby swig is the energy source. Remember, a baby swing will not move by itself, which is the reason you need to determine the ideal source of power.
Here, you will have to decide whether to go with a battery-powered swing or the power-corded swing. While a battery-powered swing is the best option for outdoor adventures, you will need to get one that supports a plug-in cable too.
This will protect you from the need to replace the batteries frequently. What’s more, ensure that the batteries are rechargeable and readily available.
5 Best Baby Swings Review 2020
Now that you have an idea of the factors to consider to get the best baby swing to let’s have a look at some of the baby swings that you should buy for the best value for your money.
As one of the best baby swings, this model includes a lot of features that enhance the comfort of your child. It features soft plush fabrics as well as a head-to-toe body pillow that improves the comfort of your little one. It also features a sturdy base to maintain it in place despite the angle at which your tot lies.
What’s more, is that it includes a strong steel construction aimed at enhancing durability. Its construction materials are JPMA and ASTM certified to ensure that it meets the set standards for your tot’s safety. The seat has an adjustable 5-point harness to guarantee the safety of your child. It also includes a lightweight canopy that creates a peaceful environment for your resting child.
With this swing, you can be sure to keep your child entertained at all times. It is equipped with six-speed motions to enable you to find the right speed based on the mood of your baby. It also supports a side-to-side cradle motion and head-to-toe swing motion so that you can get the right one to soothe your baby.
With the featured 16 songs and two nature songs, you can be sure to keep your child amused when still developing his/her listening skills. The bird mobile on the other side helps your tot to develop eye movement and visual tracking while the globe mirror promotes a sense of self-awareness.
Once you get one of these baby swings, you can be sure to move with it and store it with a lot of ease since it folds away for easy storage. The swing can operate with four D batteries or an AC adapter giving you the option to either plug it in or use it when charged.
It measures 34 x 34 x 42 inches and weighs 26 pounds. What’s more, is that you can remove its fabric for easy maintenance.
With a product measurement of 30.8 x 24.5 x 36 inches, this baby swing is compact to fit into your living space. It weighs 17.9 pounds to enable you to move it around with a lot of ease. The swing includes a seat that features plush body support for your kid.
When it comes to the swing’s motion, it features two vibration speed settings and six speeds of gliding. This means that it provides you with the convenience to select the best speed based on your baby’s mood and needs. The swing also includes a timer that allows you to keep the glider on when you need it.
What’s more, is that it includes ten melodies and five nature sounds which will amuse your baby while on the swing. Another plus is a toy bar with two soft toys. These help keep your child busy so that he/she doesn’t note when you sneak out. The toy bar is adjustable to enable you to have an easy time when you need to get the baby out of the swing.
Something else that makes this one of the best baby swings is the fact that you can power it with batteries or plug it. As such, it gives you the chance to use it in a place without a plug socket. It also helps you save a lot since you can plug it most of the time while using it indoors, to avoid the cost of battery replacements.
Once you get one of these, you can be sure to have your baby secured since it includes a built-in five-point harness. The swing accommodates 5.5 to 30 lbs, meaning that you don’t need to keep getting a new one for your growing child.
Included here is our list of the best baby swings, this swing will soothe and entertain your baby. It features a seat with a two-position recline and three adjustable seat positions.
While swinging your kid, you can choose to swing him/her in one of the six swing speeds. As such, if you want the child to sleep, you can be sure to use slow speed while you can use a faster speed for a child who is in a playful mood.
This swing can operate when using batteries as well as an AC plugin. Once you are in a place with a power outlet socket, plugging the baby swing is the best option to avoid incurring a lot of costs due to frequent battery replacements. What’s more, is that the batteries give you the flexibility of using this baby swing in places without electricity connection.
To convert to different swing positions, the swing allows you to do it with a lot of ease since it features a button for this purpose. What’s more, is that maintaining its cleanliness is not a difficult task since it has a seat that features a machine-washable seat cover.
The swing guarantees the safety of your kid since you can use the 5-point harness to secure him/her on the seat. It also allows your child to remain entertained due to the 16 songs and soothing nature sounds featured on it.
If you are looking for a baby swing that serves as a swing and a rocker, this is one of the best baby swings to give a try. It supports 5.5 to 30lbs while used as a swing and 5.5 to 25lbs when used as a rocker. The swing gives you the flexibility to either sway or swings your baby.
It supports three sitting positions that allow you to swing the baby front or back or sway him side to side. As such, you can be sure not to make it monotonous for your child once you interchange these positions.
Another plus of this item is that it gives you a chance to have the baby by your side always. It includes a built-in handle that allows you to pick up the rocker and bring it wherever you go. Even better, it is light with a product weight of 17.9 pounds to give you the chance to move with it with much ease.
Another plus is that it provides you with the option to plug it or use batteries. As such, you do not have to worry about using it in a place without a socket as long as you keep the batteries fully charged.
With this swing, you can calm your baby without straining. It features a gentle vibration and two-speed settings so that you can find the right one to calm your little one. It also includes six swinging speeds to allow you to interchange them based on the mood of your kid.
Hence, you can use the slower speed when you need your baby to sleep, and faster speed for playful times. Due to the featured ten melodies and five nature sounds, your child remains amused while resting.
The seat has a deep, roomy seat that features different reclining positions. This means that you can be sure to have your child comfortable while on the swing at all times.
What’s more, is the 5-point harness that will hold your child securely on the swing. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your baby is secure. The swing also includes three soft toys that will keep your kid entertained. It measures 30.8 x 24.5 x 36 inches so that it doesn’t take much room in your home.
As one of the best baby swings, this swing is helpful when you want your baby to play or nap. It features a front-and-back swinging motion and a side-to-side cradle motion. It includes six-speed motions which let you find an ideal speed to match your baby needs.
As such, you can apply a faster speed when your child is in the play mood or a slower speed when he needs to nap. The swing’s seat includes comfortable machine-washable plush fabrics. These ensure that your child remains comfortable for long hours due to the proper padding added. It also includes a lightweight canopy that creates a peaceful place for your baby.
To ensure that your child remains comfortable in the seat, you can place it in a recline or upright position. What’s more, is that you can position it in either of its three adjustable seat positions by pressing its easy-to-reach button. The swing is equipped with eight songs and volume control.
With these, you can be sure to maintain your child entertained and also develop his listening skills. The added globe mirror is another plus to help the child develop a sense of self-awareness while stimulating his/her visual capabilities.
When you get one of these, portability should not be an issue since it folds easily for travel and storage. It also weighs 18 pounds which is an ideal weight so that you do not have to strain to lift it. Another plus is its stability. It has a wide base with strong footings so that it does not tip over when your baby lies on one side.
Moreover, it includes an adjustable seat belt harness and restraint pad meant to ensure the safety of your child. The swing is JPMA and ASTM certifies to ensure that its materials are safe for your baby. It operates with four D batteries to allow you to use it in any room and place without an available plug socket.
I hope that this guideline will help you but the best baby swing. I recommend that you consider buying one of these products considering that they include the features to make your child comfortable and safe. Even better, these products have the highest number of positive reviews from previous customers. So, get at least one of them and be sure to have gotten the best gift for your little one.